[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - Am I the only one that has noticed this?

Am I the only one that has noticed this?

Am I the only one that has noticed this?

Postby Conservative Mind » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:52 am

I am 54 tears old. I do not remember ever seeing a setting president, or for that matter even an ex president get involved in the mud slinging of the campaign for the candidates to replace them. I think if that did happen comments must have been few and far between and not of such a nature that it almost appeared that the outgoing president was campaigning as though they were the candidate currently running to fill the office.

I am not speaking of a setting president endorsing a running candidate to replace them either. Endorsement is far different that literally entering the mud slinging fray as though you are running for office like the Obummers have done. Every day I read or see media clips of the boy king and his horse faced mate shooting their mouths off about the current election.

So am I the only person that has noticed this? To me this demeans the office of the president, regardless what affiliation you are. I believe that is also why you almost never read or hear of an ex president going out of the way to make public comments about the decisions of whatever president is riding the chair at the time being.

I surmise that after the boy king is no longer the official organizer in chief he and his horse faced mate will break with what one might consider professional courtesy and set his own tacky and unprofessional example by continuing to shoot his fat trap off again and again long after he is out of office underscoring how unfit he was to hold the office to begin with.
Conservative Mind
Registered Member

Re: Am I the only one that has noticed this?

Postby Hot_Toe_Picker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:24 pm

You're not the only one. Throughout my life all of the Presidents who served two terms were almost completely silent about the upcoming election, and most of them pretty much disappeared from public during their last year.

A lot of you conservatives like to claim that the media is liberal, but if that was true Bernie Sanders would be the democratic nominee right now. No, what we have is an elitist, Ivy league media who will side with the rich and may be socially liberal in some ways, but not in any ways that would rock the boat or cut into the profits of the people and companies that run the United States. They're all part of the same socioeconomic group and go to the same cocktail parties and never actually have to deal with any real Americans and they don't have any of the same concerns or values that those of us in "flyover country" have.

And this quote from Thomas Frank kinda fits into this thread: "I have never before seen the press take sides like they did this year, openly and even gleefully bad-mouthing candidates who did not meet with their approval." The press did it with Bernie and they've been even worse with Trump.
Hot_Toe_Picker
Registered Member

Postby Greggzee » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:38 am

I must wonder what Obama gets in return for all this stumping.
All COPS are police officers, but not all police officers are COPS.

Sheepdogs...Feared by the flock, Hated by wolves.
Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby Conservative Mind » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:53 pm

Conservative Mind
Registered Member

Postby Louie » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:31 pm

For a long time I hated the words NWO and conspiracy. Now, I believe the inanity of this election is what the NWO wants. Why is Trump so generously insulting so many groups? It has to be because he doesn't care if he loses.

I believe that violence and discord are being fomented. Obama is out there stirring the pot. The media is stirring the pot. Hopefully, the American public recognizes that they are being played.
Louie
Registered Member

Return to United States