[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - Conceal Carry in Kansas

Conceal Carry in Kansas

Conceal Carry in Kansas

Postby Greggzee » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:33 pm

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP/KSNT) — The Kansas Senate tentatively approved a bill Wednesday afternoon to allow people to carry concealed guns without requiring them to get a state permit or take training classes.
Senators debated the measure Wednesday and is expected to take a final vote Thursday. The measure is sponsored by 26 of the chamber’s 40 members, led by Majority Leader Terry Bruce.
A state concealed carry permit costs $132.50, and a person must undergo eight hours of training to get one.
Gun-rights groups note Kansas has long allowed the open carrying of weapons without a state permit. The bill’s critics say training should be mandated for people carrying concealed weapons.
The National Rifle Association says Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming don’t require permits to carry concealed anywhere in the state.
All COPS are police officers, but not all police officers are COPS.

Sheepdogs...Feared by the flock, Hated by wolves.
Greggzee
Site Admin

Re: Conceal Carry in Kansas

Postby Greggzee » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:41 pm

I have long been a proponent of Second Amendment Rights for law-abiding citizens.
With that said I firmly believe this legislation goes too far in the wrong direction.
I have always said that the training and application process for a concealed carry permit does not go far enough.
One time on the range and a written test after a couple hours of classroom is not enough.
As a Retired LEO I qualify once a year. I don't believe that is enough. That is why I shoot and train with other current and retired LEO's on a regular basis.
Carrying a concealed handgun and being able to use it effectively is a commitment that should not be taken lightly. You can't just 'strap one on' and do what needs to be done.

Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby divemaster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:40 pm

I believe there should at least be a background check. You get into the other areas that you mention, that are valid points, you then have anti gun people making impossible road blocks. Kind of like DC approved gun ownership, but made it impossible to really carry. We just don't have common sense or follow laws, government twists and bends to their own agenda.

I always wonder about the mentality of a person that pen carries, are they trying to be macho or showoff?

Personally I would just leave it as is and remove the cost to renew.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby laughing66607 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:50 pm

I think we are all pretty strong 2nd amendment folk around here but I think it goes to far too. If I were an LEO, I would be concerned, hell, I am John Q. Public and I am concerned, people get a little braver strapped up and I am just waiting for 2 idiots to run into to each other and it will happen.
laughing66607
Site Admin

Postby CommonSense » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:47 pm

So Laughing favors taking away the 'legal rights' of private citizens to protect themselves, because something might happen. :roll:

The only 'change' in the conceal carry law is the fee for the 8 hour class and registration permit. :shock:

There is no 'evidence' that removing this ridiculous requirement will lead to more incidents, accidents, injuries or deaths. :oops:

That is pure progressive liberal lunacy and political propaganda. :P
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby Greggzee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm

There are several angles from which to look at this.
First any schmuck can carry a firearm....concealed....with absolutely no training and some have no idea what they are doing.
Second humans do not have a tattoo on their forehead that says "Convicted Felon" or "Law Abiding Citizen". It is a guessing game for Law Enforcement at every turn. More so now than before!

Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby divemaster » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 am

If I were a LEO, I guess I would just have to assume everyone was carrying, regardless of outward appearance.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby Greggzee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby divemaster » Fri May 01, 2015 10:19 pm

I have found out this forum is not working correctly when using Firefox which is all I ever use. I have to hit the submit button several times and sometimes it works and sometimes text just disappears. Now using IE and doing same thing? Does it in FF and IE. Anyone else having a problem?

Wow looks like those cops in Baltimore are getting screwed by the blacks, bad time to be a cop, guess you have to let the blacks go, illegals go and just arrest the whites? Might be getting close to war time?
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby Greggzee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Today....so far....it seems to be functional.

Greggzee
Site Admin

Return to Kansas