[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - Liberal Professor Turley Warns ‘The Imperial Presidency’

Liberal Professor Turley Warns ‘The Imperial Presidency’

Liberal Professor Turley Warns ‘The Imperial Presidency’

Postby CommonSense » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:46 am

CommonSense
Registered Member

Re: Liberal Professor Turley Warns ‘The Imperial Presidency’

Postby divemaster » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:21 pm

So who can we turn to and don't say the voting process- it don't work. There is no one to vote for that is not part of the gang for generations.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Well there is only one thing to do... change the system and the election process. :roll:

Sadly, Americans have the power to change the system, but they are too lazy to VOTE! :evil:
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:29 pm

I vote, but feel it is a total waste of time. However, if I didn't vote, then I shouldn't be bitching! So I vote and waste my time. There is no one to vote for thatr is honest or has an ounce of common decency. Then in the end you have an activist judge override the legislatures or congress.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:29 pm

I VOTE in EVERY election and have since I turned 18. :shock:

I remember my father taking me to the cemetery and telling me, I owed it to the hero's buried there and future generations to perform my civic duty and responsibility to exercise my freedom and vote. 8-)

That said there are some good candidates, but once they arrive in Washington they are quickly taught you have to "go along, to get along" with the status quo bipartisan government. If you refuse to play the game... you get lousy office space and committee assignments. The big fish control the pond and the minnows that don't swim in the school, starve and get eaten by the political parties and establishment. :twisted:

Term limits and campaign finance reform can break the cycle of power and corruption in our government. But people have to vote and participate in the election process before these changes can be enacted. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 pm

I had to wait until 21.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm

I do agree that we need to somehow get every citizen to VOTE! :shock:

The United States has all the rights and freedoms in the world, but a poor participation by it's citizens to vote. :oops:

Without breaking the status quo two party power structure by voting, none of the political reforms matter. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Return to Government