[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - How's About Those Chiefs! 2016

How's About Those Chiefs! 2016

How's About Those Chiefs! 2016

Postby Beatnik-Bandit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:19 pm

I was shocked to find this topic empty, considering how many sports fans we have here. The Chiefs, aka Chefs, pulled off a miracle victory last weekend against the Chargers. How far do we think they're going to go?
Beatnik-Bandit
Registered Member

Re: How's About Those Chiefs! 2016

Postby Greggzee » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:37 pm

BB, I had just cleared it out to try to take pressure off the server.
The last post was 2012 so it wasn't current.
All COPS are police officers, but not all police officers are COPS.

Sheepdogs...Feared by the flock, Hated by wolves.
Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby Greggzee » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Good to see The Chiefs mount such a comeback. It showed character.
Although they weren't much in the first half, they sure made the right adjustments!

Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby Beatnik-Bandit » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:23 am

The first half was so bad, I turned it off toward the end of the second quarter to watch the Green Bay - Jacksonville game. I turned it back and found the Chiefs still behind, but making a comeback and decided to watch. Glad I did, too. They may have the heart the Royals did last year. God, I hope so. I've had so many years of the Chiefs being so bad I had to switch to the Patriots mid-season.
Beatnik-Bandit
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:31 pm

I never watch professional sports as I just don't like the many overpaid folks, lost touch with reality and have poor attitudes. However, many enjoy them so I wish them the best and a good season for their fans. Hopefully they can stay out of jail and not make complete asses of themselves through the season.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby Greggzee » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:44 pm

I have been an avid fan of the Boston area teams since sometime in the late 50's/early 60's.
It started with the Bruins and Celtics and just gravitated to the Patriots and Red Sox.
Chiefs and Royals are fine, but just not my favorites.

Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby Beatnik-Bandit » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:21 pm

I normally like college sports better, but pro sports also interests me. My undergrad and law schools don't get any recognition, but I did go to grad school at Nebraska and my kids went to Iowa. A lot of times I just like a good game.
Beatnik-Bandit
Registered Member

Postby Greggzee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:02 pm

Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby Beatnik-Bandit » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:31 pm

I hope the effort in Houston isn't indicative of where the Chiefs really are this season. Houston is a lot stronger than people thought. And if there's a silver lining, it's that I would rather Houston have a good quarterback than Denver.
Beatnik-Bandit
Registered Member

Return to Sports