[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - The Infamous Captain Scott

The Infamous Captain Scott

Re: The Infamous Captain Scott

Postby laughing66607 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:38 pm

If I got busted, you would have all the dirty details in the morning paper, this is bull shit... I want the dirt. ;)
laughing66607
Site Admin

Postby CommonSense » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:32 pm

You can't get the 'dirt' Laughing, they are busy sweeping it all under the rug. :shock:

What we know is Captain Scott is under an 'official' criminal investigation conducted by the Shawnee County Sheriff. The details of the investigation are confidential and considered a private personnel matter, unless or until criminal charges are ever filed in the case, :roll:

I would imagine Captain Scott has been given many legal protections and options to consider. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:00 pm

I really have no use for our leaders and those in charge, it has nothing to do with which party a person belongs to.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:29 am

They aren't all bad people, politics gets in the way of their 'leadership' often times. :roll:

With a new TPD Chief now, we are likely to see some changes in how things are done and handled. :shock:

I'm not exactly a 'fan' of out of town replacements for police chief. They lack the knowledge and experience of those who have served the city and community for years. What we would call 'street sense' on problem areas and issues. That being said, as long as he's a 'sheep dog' and not a political 'lap dog' of the clown council things will only improve. 8-)
Last edited by CommonSense on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Sure they are not all bad, but it only takes a small portion to spoil the whole.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 pm

I am puzzled by the Darin Scott investigation. :roll:

There seems to be mixed signals and confusion. First, the City announced he was on 'paid" administrative leave, pending a criminal investigation. Allegedly Capt. Scott was involved in a criminal incident, days after he had been named Deputy City Manager on loan from his duties at TPD. (BTW - A new Deputy City Manager has now been hired from Andover, her salary & benefits nearly $100K a year. So Darin Scott won't be getting that promotion or job). I wonder why it is taking the Sheriff's office so long to complete it's investigation? If this was a 'serious' crime, given Darin Scott's rank and position you think it would be resolved quickly. :shock:
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Maybe they hope time will make people forget?
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:39 am

I don't know Divemaster? :roll:

I did read where the City has now hired a 'NEW" assistant City Manager. Some woman from Andover, Ks, she will start in December, leaving Scott without that job. That means Darin Scott would likely return to his assignment at the TPD. :shock:

But that seems unlikely, considering he wasn't only placed on 'administrative leave' with pay. I have been told he also surrendered his badge, gun, uniform and access to the LEC. If that's 'true' it sounds more severe than just a temporary leave pending an investigation completion and then back to work. But I could be wrong. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby Greggzee » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:03 pm

They also promoted a Capt to Major which was the slot slated for J. Daren.
I have a feeling it's only a matter of time, but till then he is still on Admin Leave.
I am still wondering why this is taking so long, unless they are seeing how much he will take before he just says "I QUIT!"
All COPS are police officers, but not all police officers are COPS.

Sheepdogs...Feared by the flock, Hated by wolves.
Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby divemaster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Now that is a good thought, they just want him to say I quit. But then if they just drop it and let him quit, that is just another sweeping under the rug by the city. People like me just see that as a double standard and puts another step closer lose of control.
divemaster
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Law Enforcement