[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - Not sure what I think about this, chime in.

Not sure what I think about this, chime in.

Not sure what I think about this, chime in.

Postby divemaster » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

I think you all know I believe we all have a right to carry a firearms. I don't even think we should be required to pay the application fee, fingerprint etc. I do think it is okay to do a background check as if a person can't behave then they should have some restrictions. If a person is mentally ill again they shouldn't be carrying- just use common sense on these decisions.

Now if a person is not mentally able to care for themselves by knowing when and how to pay bills ect, should they be carrying? My first response is- no.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12 ... ense-bill/
divemaster
Global Moderator

Re: Not sure what I think about this, chime in.

Postby CommonSense » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 pm

The sad TRUTH is there is no evidence to suggest "Veterans" are any more dangerous or likely to commit gun violence than private civilians. :roll:

The legal issue has always been 'whether an individual is a threat to themselves or to others', requiring a court to strip them of their constitutional right to own a gun based on a proven mental illness or diagnosis. :shock:

But progressive liberals and gun control advocates will try to find some backdoor way to limit gun ownership. :twisted:

Look at the KC Chief's murder/suicide over the weekend. We had NBC Sports Commentator Bob Costas on television suggesting gun control would have prevented this tragic shooting and incident. So maybe active NFL players should not be allowed to own guns? :roll:

We know NFL players can't treat their dogs in a humane manner. :P

NEWSFLASH... GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL EACH OTHER WITH GUNS. :shock:

This NFL Player could have killed his baby's mother with his bare hands or a knife. The FACT is he was out of his mind and insane. Maybe he had too many head concussions or maybe the nature of football is too violent? Maybe he was drunk or on drugs? Maybe he was just an idiot and asshole? And just maybe the KC Chief's are also guilty. The owners, coaches and teammates had to know he was having domestic issues and mental problems. Yet they said and did nothing, as long as he was able to play the game. The NFL spends millions of dollars on athletes health and performance, while they ignore the obvious signs of personal problems and domestic violence off the field. :oops:

Blaming the gun is just BULLSHIT! :evil:
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm

True, but what I am asking and I believe the article is saying is that if a person is not able to handle their own financial affairs because of mental problems, should they be able to carry weapons?

If you aren't able to handle paying rent, deciding when to pay bills etc are you competent to make split second decisions on when to use force?
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 am

CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Well you are right that they (government) will find any reason they can to get guns out of our hands. They will also do it in small increments hoping we won't notice.

I believe more people, more innocent people, are killed by distracted drivers on cell phones texting and surfing internet while driving. Nothing will be seriously done until a major accident or someone well known is killed, then there will be a feel good law.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm

It seems to me this is just a way the government can take away the "Gun RIghts" of veterans, without a Judge or legal defense. :twisted:

And those "veterans" are the same people who fought and defended the Constitution which the VA is ignoring and mocking. :oops:

If a veteran is mentally incompetent and unable to manage their finances, what does that have to do with owning a gun? :roll:

Why should the rules be different and the Constitution not apply to veterans? :roll:

Civilians who are mentally incompetent financially don't automatically loose their rights without a Judge's order. They have to be proven to be a threat or danger to themselves or others. :shock:

I don't want suicidal or violent crazies owning guns, regardless of whether they are civilians or veterans. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 pm

That is another good point, it shouldn't be pointed at any single segment of society. See it does good to discuss things, why can't government do the same?
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Because this is not a serious issue. :shock:

There is no evidence to suggest the VA needs this broad authority to limit veterans rights, in order to protect civilian society. :roll:

Most of the recent violent shootings and mass murders did not involve mentally incompetent veterans with guns. :oops:

This is a progressive liberal political agenda, designed to enforce gun control and limit the rights of veterans, without legal review. :twisted:
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby laughing66607 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Great discussion, my head is still spinning... my pal rubber chicken nailed it... this time. I have absolutely nothing to add to this conversation.
laughing66607
Site Admin

Postby CommonSense » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 am

Do I win a prize Laughing? :lol:

This is a way for the Obama Administration to use the VA to deny veterans the same legal review and gun rights as citizens. :twisted:

The hypocrisy of course is the veterans are the ones who fought to defend our freedom and protect civilian gun rights. :evil:

I am still trying to understand how fiscal incompetence relates to mental incompetence and gun ownership. :roll:

None of our elected government representatives should be gun owners, they are all fiscally irresponsible and incompetent. :lol:

If I thought for one minute banning specific weapons or more gun laws would prevent another mass shooting of innocent victims and/or school children I would support the idea. :shock:

But we all know, once the government takes away guns from civilians, only the government and criminals will have guns. :twisted:

The 2nd Amendment wasn't written or intended to apply to sport hunting, it was a guaranteed right to defend yourself from criminals and government which are almost one in the same now. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Return to Military