Postby Topeka_Resident » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:53 am

Please introduce yourselves
Topeka_Resident
Registered Member

Re: Introductions

Postby Topeka_Resident » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:06 am

Just a bit about who I am -
1) Born and raised in Kansas; grew up in rural south-central Kansas
2) Have lived in communities ranging from less than 100 people to more people than there are in Kansas, in multiple states
3) Topeka resident for over 3 decades
4) Disabled: formerly office manager, legal secretary, foster parent
5) Previously posted on CJOnline under the same 'Topeka_Resident' moniker
Topeka_Resident
Registered Member

Postby Louie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi Topeka Resident. Nice to see another familiar and former CJ person here! Hopefully, more show! I'm one of the few more liberal folks frequenting this place. I'm a female and have lived in Topeka for nearly 30 years. I was a farm kid and work in the sciences.

Welcome! And like I said, I hope we get more to show up and join the discussion!
Louie
Registered Member

Postby Jade-the-Plumber » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Sure would be fun if everybody would introduce themselves, but right now there may just not be that many here.

For what it's worth:
Retired Accountant

Born in Cotton Country near Natchez, MS; lived on farms in MS and LA until I was 8 years old; grew up in New Orleans (Orleans Parish, St Tammany and St Bernard Parishes, and Jefferson Parish -- all of which is called New Orleans generally)

Earned my first silver dime picking cotton on my father's sharecropper farm a few miles from the Mississippi River.

Bachelors and Masters in Accounting, Bachelors in English - Creative Writing

Wife, mother, grandmother (I should move this one to the top - it is by far more of what I am than anything else)

My 18 year old grandson insists I'm more Republican than Democrat. Imagine that. I say that's simply not true. But he and I talk politics a lot, and philosophy which is his big interest. He thinks he knows me well enough to peg me as a moderate conservative in most things. I don't agree. You won't either.
Jade-the-Plumber
Registered Member

Postby Robomom » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:49 pm

Female, single mom to 3. Lived in Topeka area for 2 decades, born and raised in Tx. Loved reading the comments on CJ Online, but rarely ever posted. Mildly displeased (or moderately) that they have done away with the comments as that is one of the things that occupies my time while I work my 12 hour overnight shifts. I have cancelled my subscription.

I work in public safety in the KC area.
Robomom
Registered Member

Return to Military