[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - Calls mount for Obama to speak out on VA scandal

Calls mount for Obama to speak out on VA scandal

Calls mount for Obama to speak out on VA scandal

Postby CommonSense » Tue May 20, 2014 5:24 pm

CommonSense
Registered Member

Re: Calls mount for Obama to speak out on VA scandal

Postby divemaster » Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Actually now obama has started blaming Bush for the VA problem.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Tue May 20, 2014 10:36 pm

In "fairness" to President Obama, there have always been systemic problems with the VA and patient services. :roll:

Many of these issues are caused by the protected civil service positions, which make it impossible to fire VA employees. :shock:

That being said, President Obama made these VA problems a campaign and political issue in 2008, 2009 & 2012. He promised to fix them and hasn't done anything but ignore them, while they continued to grow worse. :evil:
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Fri May 23, 2014 4:54 pm

True, but like everything else, nothing is ever done that really solves anything, smoke and mirrors is what you get.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby laughing66607 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 am

Finally, republican poloticians care about us vets but I am confused... why is it they always vote to cut our benefits??? Mr. Krauthammer, he has the answer... Vouchers. It has a nice ring to it too. VOUCHERS FOR VETS. I LOVE PRIVATiZATION, IT HAS WORKED OUT SO WELL, just ask Dick Cheney.

I stayed away from the VA for a long time but several years ago I finally went in and I have never received the level of care I have received at the VA. I actually get to see a doctor every time I go in, before I usually saw a P A. I call in with a problem and the same day, Janice calls me back and I love me some Dr. Garvin. Is it perfect, no, when I got sent to KC for the growth on my thyroid, my operation got postponed twice but I wasn't cancerous, when I did go in the third time they prepped about 5 or 6 of us all at once and rolled us into different rooms to get our operations. Yes, they are very busy, they got us old guys and they get all them new ones too.

So I got something for Faux news talking heads... KISS MY GRITS! Leave my VA alone and Ollie North (Never met a war he didn't like) unless of course the dems were in charge then war be all fucked up. I can not believe they keep running them bush/cheney peeps out there who have no credibility at all. even the stupidest know they screwed the pooch. Not that they were not true believers in what they were saying but they sure fucked them wars they were in up... Hell, George couldn't find oil in Texas so he tried Iraq and didn't get no oil there either... talk about some losers.

I know when and if the repuglicans ever get the WH back it will be fumigated and the basket ball court turned into card room but hey change is good, lol.

Ok guys, gonna go for now, I will check back tomorrow the responses I get. Hey, I am cooking on the new grill Sunday and you are all welcome and I would actually be glad to see ya! I want to go diving with divey!
laughing66607
Site Admin

Postby CommonSense » Mon May 26, 2014 9:16 am

Laughing you have lost you damned mind and been eaten up by the lesbian left. :P

Decades ago the politicians realized management and patient care problems with the VA system. In response to that Congress and your progressive liberal friends created and expanded TriCare, a public/private healthcare system. :shock:

Clearly the VA medical system is broken and overwhelmed with patients (veterans) seeking benefits. If they they can't get the care they were promised and deserve from the VA, why shouldn't they have the right to seek private medical care providers for treatment? You may call it a voucher program, but the patients call it lifesaving medical treatment. How many more veterans have to die and have their deaths covered-up before you wake up and smell the coffee? :shock:

The VA scandal during the Obama Administration goes beyond wasteful spending, bad management and poor patient services. :roll:

It's a massive conspiracy and cover-up with dead veterans who were denied health care, false documents, secret waiting lists, failure to cooperate with government investigators and Congress. It's not just irresponsible it's criminal. :twisted:

I'm NOT suggesting President Obama is responsible, but he promised to fix the system and be held accountable. :shock:

President Obama runs his mouth, and does absolutely nothing. :evil:
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 am

Obama has done nothing to help, just as the last several presidents. The VA sucks, the Topeka VA even cut the emergency, now Laughing must think a hospital with no emergency services is just fine? A friend of mine, retired from the Navy had to lay in the VA hospital in Topeka about a week waiting on someone who could perform a test on him. I have visited that place and it is a third world facility! They can't even get doctors to work there and some who do have english as a second language. Then when you do go to KC VA because Topeka is crap, you are not having a VA doc cut you open. They get most of their surgeons out of KU Med.

But if you are happy, that is good, we are glad for you.

However I believe you should get what was promised and I think you would get better service in the private sector. I visit patients in the local hospitals, nursing homes and living centers and the Topeka VA is not good. I think you would be better off if your VA med card worked at all private facilities and the VA hospitals shut down. And like I said any major surgery in this area, you really get from the private sector anyway.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Return to White House