[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
topekaforumeers.org • View topic - Rep. Gowdy named to lead Benghazi select committee

Rep. Gowdy named to lead Benghazi select committee

Rep. Gowdy named to lead Benghazi select committee

Postby CommonSense » Mon May 05, 2014 4:19 pm

CommonSense
Registered Member

Re: Rep. Gowdy named to lead Benghazi select committee

Postby Greggzee » Tue May 06, 2014 4:32 am

I am thrilled with Gowdy's selection.
I am familiar with work as a Federal Prosecutor. He will push hard for the facts and truth which is what I think we all want more than anything.
As far as accountability I'll wait to see. I see a lot of stonewalling and 5th Amendment on the horizon.
I hope I'm wrong.
All COPS are police officers, but not all police officers are COPS.

Sheepdogs...Feared by the flock, Hated by wolves.
Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby CommonSense » Tue May 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Gowdy is not going to be a legal dumbass like Boehner & Issa. :roll:

I expect after months of Boehner stalling a special prosecutor or select committee, he caved under the political pressure. :oops:

As Chairman Gowdy will have sweeping power and authority to investigate, subpoena documents and witnesses. Any legal challenges by the White House will likely fail in Federal Court under case law previously established under US vs Nixon during Watergate. :shock:

Now I fully expect the Democrats will try to discredit Gowdy. :twisted:

I got a dose of that last night via telephone from Laughing. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby Greggzee » Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 pm

That doesn't surprise me one bit.
They can't truthfully combat it so their only alternative is to discredit the Chairman.
All COPS are police officers, but not all police officers are COPS.

Sheepdogs...Feared by the flock, Hated by wolves.
Greggzee
Site Admin

Postby CommonSense » Fri May 09, 2014 2:13 pm

I heard the Democrats already spinning and using their talking points today. :evil:

1) This so called investigation is a political stunt and witch hunt, Benghazi happened 2 years ago ~ what difference does it make? :roll:

2) Rep. Trey Gowdy is using language from his former career as a Federal prosecutor, sometimes using the word "trial" or "case" to describe the purpose and scope of the Benghazi investigation. :roll:

3) Conservatives are out to get President Obama, with no evidence just a political fishing license from Speaker Boehner. :roll:

4) The committee should be fair, equal and balanced between Republican & Democrats. :roll:

5) This investigation is a waste of taxpayer time and money when the country should be focused on serious issues like the economy, jobs and immigration reform.

The Democrats are split whether they should seat members or not on the Benghazi Committee. Rep. Pelosi and others are demanding changes in the structure, scope and rules of the committee. But when Pelosi was speaker she created committees which we neither fair or balanced between political members. And she refused to allow Republicans to alter or change the scope or structure of committees. Claiming "Elections have consequences and the Democrats are in charge now". :oops:

Boehner named the remaining GOP members today who will serve on the Special Benghazi Committee. These include Reps. Susan Brooks of Indiana, Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mike Pompeo of Kansas, Martha Roby of Alabama, Peter Roskam of Illinois and Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia. :shock:

Now we'll see if the Democrats decide to join or boycott the committee all together. 8-)
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Wed May 14, 2014 10:41 pm

I hope you are correct, it would surprise me a whole bunch. What happen to Patrick, did he wake up and then take another nap?
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby CommonSense » Thu May 15, 2014 12:03 am

Notice the Republican members are all legal eagles and/or former Federal prosecutors. :shock:

The Democrats are scared to death what will be discovered and how to limit the political damage. :P

One thing is for sure Gowdy knows how to get the evidence and gather the facts. And there will be accountability for the Obama Administration officials who lied or covered up the truth. :twisted:

That may include President Obama and a possible impeachment proceeding, although it would probably not result in his removal from office before his term ends. :evil:

We're going to find out there was a White House conspiracy to cover-up the Benghazi attacks and Ambassador Steven's mission, and to shield President Obama politically before the election.
CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby CommonSense » Wed May 21, 2014 3:56 pm

CommonSense
Registered Member

Postby divemaster » Fri May 23, 2014 4:49 pm

obama was sending emails to youtube.
divemaster
Global Moderator

Postby laughing66607 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Howdy Gowdy he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can. Oh the out rage, 4 dead American's... give me a break :roll:
laughing66607
Site Admin

Next

Return to Congress